Sunday, August 10, 2014

There is no easy fix: But here is an idea.

I have been reading on the forums, themittani.com and EVENEWS24 over the last month about power projection and the stagnation of Null Sec. I have come to find that there is no easy fix for either of these two problems. I can get behind Manfred Sideous' ideas to fix Null (it is worth the read), and The Mattani has made a good case for the removal of supers.  All of that got me thinking. I have done my ideas of how to "fix" Nulll and Low before, but this is really not about fixing Null and Low. It is more about "Fixing" the game. On TM.C, The Mattani described supers as the new large arms race in EVE, and how that they prevent new blood from coming in and being able to compete in Null. It was interesting to me because about a week ago I was in my office having this same conversation with one of my former corp mates. The talk soon came around to how would you remove them from the game? How would you reimburse people? Unlike The Mittani though, I don't want them completely removed from the game. I just want the Blue Print Originals and Blue Print Copies to be removed. I also want to clarify that I think that Titans have a place in the game and would like them to stay, I am only talking about Super Carriers.

The Endangered Species:
My idea is that you turn Supers in an endangered Species. If they are a Mittani says EVE's form a Weapon of Mass Destruction then Lore it out and make them become relics. When people say death to all Supers, give this meme teeth. Make so that when every time one dies it stays dead, and there is no chance it is replaces unless at a great cost. 
Sure fights like B-R might not happen, but 6-DV still can, where Dreads, Carriers, and Battleships will all have their place back on the top Null Battles. I also think that by removing just the BPOs from the game, it will be less of a shock to those around. 
Eve needs to get back to a point where supers are a rare site to see. I don't think that the game has a real good place for them, except one, the Revenant. This would be the only Super that would still have it's BPO dropped in game. This would keep supers rare, and in the game. And it leave CCP that opinion of added other pirate "supers" that are rare to see and can bring some interesting new gameplay, like a Sepentis Super with 90% webs? For the Revenant it's self only thing I'd change is allow it to dock in Stations. 

Extinction Brings New Life:
As with Humans and Neanderthal, the death of one let the other rise. With the Extinction of Supers, I believe this is the chance that CCP can bring some much needed life into capital warfare. I purpose two new T2 Carriers and two  New T2 Dreadnoughts.  Since Titans are still in the Game and massive EHP structures are still in the game, I believe that you'll need to something to full the gap that Supers once had, but I think that it is better to fill with 8 new ships opposed. 
First the carriers I would like to see one carrier that was a capital EWAR ship and the second that could use Fighter Bombers although only a max of 6. My idea is there is a carrier that can be used to jam, damp, target paint, and disrupt the weapons on other capital ships including Titans, Dreads in Siege, Carriers in Triage and the Remaining Supers. It's EHP would only be about 15% more than a regular Carrier and it damage out put would be about 15% less. The Second Carrier would be a Bomber Carrier, this carrier wold lose the ability for triage for a Damage Bonus to Fighter Bombers and the ability to drop Warp Disputer Bubbles and Infinite Points. I am thinking that it only had about 10% more EHP, but is able to 20% more damage than current Carriers. 
The first new dread I'd like to see is on that is a Black Ops Dread. It would not be able to use siege and could only top out at around 4000-6000 DPS, but it would be immune to EWAR, except for EWAR Carriers, HICs, and Bubbles. This under idea that Covert Ops don't show up on system scans or on star map for CYNOS in system. I think that this Dread could be a way to jump in and Ninja Structures to create a new type of game play. Its tank would be 25% more of current Dreads base. The second Dread is more of support ship as well being able to use an AOE type weapon. It would also be able to use a Remote ECM Burst, giving two opinions of AOE, but it is only able to do so while in Siege committing it to the fight. Now this would have to be really worked out, but I think with Coalitions Blocs the game has evolved to a place that AOE weapons systems are needed. I don't want something that is so powerful that it clears all sub-caps off the field, but it needs to be be able to put pressure a logi trying to keep up with reps. This AOE comes at a cost though, while it has T2 resistances it have 15% less tank than T1 Dread. 
Over all I think that a guiding price line for these ships should be 7-10 billion ISK. After all we want them to be affordable and used often.

BPO and BPC reimbursement. 
Since we did not take supers out all we have to reimburse are the BPOs and the BPCs that people have to make the supers.  My idea is that each person who have a BPO  gets one 5 run copy of one of the new dreads and one 5 run copy of one the new Carries. If they have a Super BPC then they get a one run copy of each. Now this all dependent on what race you Super Blue Print is; if you have an AEON then you will a the a combo of the Amarr Dreadnought and Carrier.  I think that is a fair way to reimburse the people have them, and it allows them a chance to be on the front lines of a new industry in the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment