Tuesday, December 11, 2012

To the Rescue...

In the universe of New Eden it is as I predicted the "fires of war" have came to the far reaches of the void, leaving little space for those that want peace. To help stem the tide of war the major races of New Eden recreated four new logistics ships to help support the increasing number of combat ships. For the Gallente Federation it meant a retooling of an old mining ship the Navitas.
Gallente Federation Navitas Logistics Support Frigate


Like many unsung heroes of war the Navitas will not be winning any fashion or best looks awards, but she is a rugged ship that can change the tide of battle in small gang. small ship class PVP very quickly. When first talked about I wasn't a believer that these ships would helpful and not only clutter the battlefields. I was proven wrong in a battle in a Faction Warfare site that limited ship size to Cruisers and smaller when a team of Navitas were able to provided more armor repairs than the DPS that my ship was taking.  They  kept me alive long enough to not only score a kill but to continue the next round of fighting.  I was very interested in the ship after that fight, for a long time know I have been able to fly Logistic Ships and these frigs caught my eye to what the possibles of them could be. So I went a head and fitted on out. 
FITTING


This is a basic fitting for the Navitas that we can see working and being efficient on the battle field.
High Slots- Small 'Solace' Remote Bulwark x3
Med Slots- Cap Recharger II
                   Small Capacitor Battery II
                  1MN Micro Warp Drive II

Low Slots- Damage Control II
                  Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
                  Adaptive Nano Plating II
Rigs Slots- Small Anti-Explosive Pump  I
                 Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
                 Small Trimark Armor Pump I

I will have to play with the fittings to see what works best. Here we use a signal Warrior II combat drone to get onto killmails.  Without the MWD on it moves at a base 367km/s and with it a just over 2k. It carries a 3K EHP which will not win and awards but is enough for your other logi boat to lock it up and get some reps on it. The three Reps put out 216 hp a cycle from 28k away with the MWD active for one min, without the MWD active they are stable So it is advised to pulse the MWD to escape when needed. With the Retool of the cap batteries in Escalation now they now leach off of incoming Neutralizers and Energy Vampires helping to ensure that she stays cap stable in a fight if you have to get away. As I said I will do some fitting adjustments as I fly it more, but I feel that these ships are going to be right at home on the battlefield.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment