Saturday, October 27, 2012

RETRIBUTION: Heating Up


The above video is owned by CCP

Retribution is kicking off with a back come Christmas and all you a capsulers better make sure your pod goo is warm and ready. Three topics I want to talk about, new ships, Logi Frigates, and Rebalancing.

First I want to say that I like the way all the new Destroyers look. They flow into their races designs and look great.  That said I am interested to see how they perform, mainly the Caldari and Minmatar.  To me what make the the destroyer class okay right now is that it is a solid quick alpha strike with no lag to the missile flight time. Destroyers have no tank and they are all about the gank. I feel while the new one will play a role I really wonder if it is a vital one. That said from watching the video and reading DelvBlogs I am going to say that the Amarr Destroyer sounds like a beast. To me the idea of a mini-Arbitrator that can out track turrets will be deadly to Battle Cruiser and Battleship gangs.

The next is the Logi Frigate, while this looks like a good idea, I have a hard time believe that it will be. The current Logistic Ships are Cruiser hulls that require Large Shield and Large Armor Reps to be useful in fleets. And then unless you have Logistic to V and your Logistic Chief Certification to Standard it becomes very hard to fit them properly. While I understand that CCP wants to give pilots a lot of opinions and choice to me this does not seem like a good on. I am sure that these ships will have some use to them in the game, but as of right now I don't see it.

Last is the Ship Rebalance. I want to say very loudly ABOUT TIME. All summer I have been looking forward to the rebalance and what it brings to EVE. That said I am very worried. With CCP launching 4 new ships plus Rebalancing 40 current ships I am fearful of the outcome. In the two years I have been playing EVE it seems that every time CCP tries to do something major like this it backfires or it was do sloppy. I still have nightmares of Incara. I remember the a DelvBlog and I will have to do back and search them, that said the Rebalance was going to be be a slow process and take some time upto next summer. While the Pirate and PvPer in me says "UUUHHHGGGG to long" the Pilot and CEO says "Okay, take your time make it right".   Launching what is basically going to be 44 new ships does not sound like "taking your time and making it right". I am both eagerly waiting and dreading Retribution.




No comments:

Post a Comment