Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Two Squids Enter...No Squids leave

I have joined the Gallente Militia this past week. I have decided that I wanted a change of pace in New Eden. In a short time it has already lead to some fun times. My first time out I began to run Faction Warfare missions, but after running 7 of them I found that it was not the best and quickest way to make loyalty points and gain faction standing. So I began to run the faction complexes. They turned into some great LP shortly, but that is only a little part of what I was after. What I really wanted was the PVP and I got it tonight.

I was in my complex holding it for the timer when two Caldari (Squids) jump into the system. The both were in the fabled Caldari Drake BattleCruiser. A tough nut to crack by all means.  With 10 secs left they managed to get into the site and try to get me I  held the complex then warped out just in time. this left them to my joy displeased. I think was able to warp a second sight that restricted the size of ship they were allowed to bring in to a frigate class ship.

Wanting a kill they reshipped and came at me. the cam in the Navy Issue Hookbill which is fitted correctly is a nasty little frigate, and I should be on my guard in my Incursus class attack frigate. But when it comes to frigates I like to push the limits with them. I caught the first D-Scan and decided that it was worth the risk. A 5mil isk ship vs a 19 mil i'll talk my chances that my skills are better and I know what I'm doing.

So the first one came in, he came at me and I burnt away from him until the NPC rat in the pocket engaged him. Then I turned boosted back to him and began my attack. I have max skills points in both blasters and t1 Gallente Frigates, I also am using a Null ammo that gives a bonus to range and with the Incursus natural High tracking it makes for a deadly frig. I quickly tear the first Hookbill down without having to even turn on my second Small Armor repper. Then the second Hookbill comes in, because I burnt away from the first that the beginning of the first battle this second Hookbill has to travel 137 km to get me. This gives me time burst repp my seconded repper and burst my Cap Booster to charge on my energy supply.  I then turn on my afterburner two and make a direct line to him. Like the first I make quick work of this Squid and soon he is in his pod warping to the sun.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15127853
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15127852

Looking at their fits I was not impressed and I felt quite sad that their ships even came out of the hanger.  In then got me wondering, if I was in my T2 frigate could I have killed their Drakes. The record stands Phox Jorkarzul 4 Squids 1.

I hope to get video up so that I can record some one these fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment