Tuesday, November 13, 2012

When a Plan goes wrong...

The plan was simple and to the point. I was going to re-engage a Caldari pilot Super Chair. I have engaged him twice in a Minor Outpost once in his Navy Hookbill and once in a Worm (another faction ship). The first two engagements were close fight but with him warping away his Worm in structure the second with me breaking the engagement to refit with a different type of ammo. I give props to him on both engagements his is a good pilot. Lucky as hell but a good pilot.

             
Caldari Hookbill                                                            Gurista Worm

Now like I said I give credit where it is due and nothing against Super Chair but 2v1 when you out class your target should win.  So here it is, Super Chair gets out of the site and I have reloaded to new long range ammo. I warp back into the site, set on the warp in, and wait for the Navy Hookill to come back in. I have killed Hookbills with this fit before I just have to be in good position to grab him. I know that this will not be an easy fight and I am aware of the other War Targets in the system. But as of now they have been in Cruisers hull and unable to get into the minor site, so I am expecting a hard fought 1v1.

Super Chair does what I want him to do and re-enters the site, and the fight begins. My shields are quickly lost but that is to be expected as the Incursus is an armor tanking ship. The change in the fight this time compared to the last is my blaster are hitting him with more damage and my Warrior II is out pacing his rockets.  I feel that this is going to be a good fight up to the end.  That is when the second squid, Sean Parisi, hits grid in a Coercer class destroyer. Destroyers are frigate killers by nature with 8 small guns, they are meant to track a hostile frigate and rip it up. With an Incursus I am not shy about engaging a destroyer do to its huge armor repair bonus, but the high DPS of the Navy Hookbill and Coercer are a little much. I still manage to tank them for some time, but in the middle of cap Booster reload, my two small reps were over come.
                                      
                                                            Amarr Coercer


The kill mail is linked below. I would really like to engage either of them solo in the future.
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15188683

No comments:

Post a Comment